Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you for business purposes, such as evaluating your financial needs, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that may be of interest to you, and providing customer service. The personal information we may collect about you includes:
- Information you provide to us on applications and other forms (such as your name, address, social security number, occupation, assets, and income);
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates and others; and/or
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (such as your credit history and creditworthiness) and other entities not affiliated with PTAM.
Protecting Your Information
Our employees have limited access to your information. They have access only when it will help you do business with us or help us do business with you, including helping you accomplish your financial objectives, such as providing you with a broad range of products and services. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard customer information.
Disclosure To Nonaffiliated Third Parties
We may share the personal information described above for business purposes with the following companies not affiliated with us:
- Financial service institutions (such as mutual fund companies, securities brokers, clearing brokers and banks) with whom we have joint marketing agreements (such as agreements to market financial services or products that we jointly offer, endorse or sponsor); or
- Companies under contract to perform services for us or on our behalf (such as vendors providing data processing, computer software maintenance and development, transaction processing and marketing services).
We share personal information with non-affiliated companies only when they agree to uphold and maintain our privacy standards when handling a customer's personal information.
Also, we may disclose personal information with affiliated and non-affiliated companies and regulatory authorities as permitted by applicable law. For example, we may disclose personal information to cooperate with regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and as necessary to protect our rights or property.
Accessing And Revising Your Personal Information
We endeavor to keep our customer files complete and accurate. We will give you reasonable access to the information we have about you. Most of this information is contained in account statements that you receive from us and applications that you submit to obtain our products and services. We encourage you to review this information and notify us if you believe any information should be corrected or updated. If you have a question or concern about your personal information or this privacy notice, please contact Investor Relations.